Objectives, Strategies & Activities
Objectives, strategies and activities
The main objectives during the year were:
- To ensure that every child enjoys the same high quality education in terms of resourcing, tuition and care.
- To raise the standard of educational attainment of all students.
- To continue to improve the effectiveness of the school by keeping the curriculum and organisational structure under continual review.
- To provide value for money for the funds expended.
- To comply with all appropriate statutory and curriculum requirements.
- To maintain close links with business, industry, commerce and higher and further education, and to conduct the School’s business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity, probity and openness.
Amongst other things, the Trust Board will agree to:
- Set the aims and objectives for the school.
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives.
- Be a source of challenge and support to the Principal.
- Promote high standards of educational achievement.
- Set the school's budget, including numbers of staff and their pay.
The schools’ main strategy is encompassed in its stated aim which is ‘to provide an excellent education for children from the local community in a safe, supportive learning environment, where people are valued and make positive contributions to the school, and where pupils go on to become responsible, independent members of society’.
Key objectives in the school development plan for 2020 - 2021 are:
Quality of Education
- Improve any disparities between outcomes at KS4 and KSS
- Improve attainment/progress of disadvantaged students (particularly high ability)
- Ensure that curriculum provision meets needs of all pupils (particularly EHCP and high risk) 2019/20 and beyond
- Teaching and learning CPD in place to improve quality of education for all students
- New assessment/data/reporting system implemented and reviewed
Behaviour & Attendance
- Close the PP/non-PP attendance gap further
- Reduce Exclusions (internal and external)
- Clear programme in place to monitor the progress of pupils in terms of their personal development
- Careers programme which meets all Gatsby benchmark criteria in place for all years which meets needs of a range of aspirations post-16 and post-18
- Comprehensive range of experiences provided to develop pupils talents and cultural capital beyond the National Curriculum
Leadership and Management
- Develop closer links with potential MAT partners
- Three year budget plan in place
- Maintain progress made on closing the gap in all years
- Aspiring leaders develop their skills by completing a National Professional Qualification in Leadership
- All members of leadership group to run an innovation project on an area of interest to challenge thinking and develop the school further