Objectives, strategies and activities
The main objectives during the year were:
- To ensure that every child enjoys the same high quality education in terms of resourcing, tuition and care.
- To raise the standard of educational attainment of all students.
- To continue to improve the effectiveness of the school by keeping the curriculum and organisational structure under continual review.
- To provide value for money for the funds expended.
- To comply with all appropriate statutory and curriculum requirements.
- To maintain close links with business, industry, commerce and higher and further education, and to conduct the School’s business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity, probity and openness.
Amongst other things, the Governing Body will agree to:
- Set the aims and objectives for the school.
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives.
- Be a source of challenge and support to the Principal.
- Promote high standards of educational achievement.
- Set the school's budget, including numbers of staff and their pay.
The schools’ main strategy is encompassed in its stated aim which is ‘to provide an excellent education for children from the local community in a safe, supportive learning environment, where people are valued and make positive contributions to the school, and where pupils go on to become responsible, independent members of society’.
Key objectives in the school development plan for 2017 - 2019 are:
Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- Improve Outcomes at KS4
- Maintain progress made on closing the gap in all years
- Ensure that curriculum provision 2016-20 in line with pupil needs and changes to DfE recommendations (e.g. EBacc, GCSE and A level reform)
- Continue to provide support for staff to develop leadership skills via ‘Leadership forum’
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- KS3 Tracking is rigorous and robust and enables LG to monitor progress of all groups
- Address any disparities between outcomes in KS4 and KS5 subject areas
- Ensure that opportunities to develop literacy are taken across subject areas
Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Improve attendance including closing the PP/non-PP gap further
- Reduce Exclusions
- Evaluate PSCHE programme
- Introduce PiXL Edge programme