Events, Programmes & Opportunities
Each year we are proud to offer a range of events, programmes and opportunities that enhance and enrich the careers experiences of our students.
- Extensive Aim Higher Opportunities (From Year 7 -13)
- Widening Participation Programmes such as Social Mobility and NCOP
- Speakers for Schools Programme
- Visiting speakers
- Provider events and workshops (range of local colleges)
- Work Experience including programmes such as Nuffield Foundation Placements
- Future Frontiers (Year 10 & 11). Click HERE to find out more about this exciting project (https://www.futurefrontiers.org.uk/our-programme)
- Ivy House Leadership Programme. Click HERE to find out more about this exciting project (https://www.ivyhouse.co.uk/future-leaders/)
- Directions and Destinations Careers Event (see below for further Information)
- Curriculum opportunities
Directions & Destinations
Each year we are proud to provide our flagship Directions & Destinations Careers Day. Our annual event presents a fantastic opportunity for our students to consider their future careers and progression routes.
Represented in the exhibition hall on an annual basis are a broad range of universities, colleges and employers. Additionally, our exciting workshops will also enable parents and students to take a more in depth look at an area of their choosing.
We look forward to welcoming you in 2023.
Higher Education in London works with over 40 universities and colleges to provide a single point of contact for teachers to find out about university outreach across London.
We have produced three case studies, showcasing best practice in HE engagement, from the perspective of a school, a college and a university.
In this film we hear from Lorna Ellis, the HE and UCAS coordinator at Carshalton Boys Sports College. Here Lorna talks about the work she has been doing at the school, and why she thinks Carshalton Boys have been so successful at raising the aspirations of their students and increasing the number who apply to university.